Monday, March 11, 2013

How many dreams do we realize in a brief human lifetime?

How many dreams do we realize in a brief human lifetime?  Not many.  It seems as if external situations, pressures, someone else coerced us or forced us to take this direction or that.

There are dreams of the mind and there are dreams of the heart.  Which is worth fighting for?  Neither.  Because when I fight for something I create a paradigm whereby some form or other of resistance must be overcome or defeated.  True loving manifestation, although pestered by earthly resistance, occurs with the smooth blessing and intervention of the most merciful God, and that God lives within us.

So when the world questions us as to why, what for, how come, bring forth God in all of her quiet glory to answer such a question, and that answers is always simple.  It may sound like: because it is what I love doing; it moves my soul; and Shams’ favorite, because I love it, it brings me joy!

Perhaps the eyes of the listener will grow glassy: What does that mean selfish one?  Why can’t you be like the rest of us?  Is that such a bad thing?

It is not such a bad thing, you might reply, it is just not a good thing, and I am living to love and loving to live, and so that is what my life is about.

Here, take these words from Shams.  Read them.  Let it be etched into your consciousness what this loving master said:  “The problem with living is that most people think their lives depend on it.  The problem with loving is that so few do it.”  Think on these words.  I am off to do other things.
Rumi

No comments:

Post a Comment