Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Not so long ago I said people, yes, people are the true flowers of life

Not so long ago I said people, yes, people are the true flowers of life.  And God is the field, and God is the sky, and God is the sun, and God is why I dance.  Oh, Rumi sees God in me, and I can only say that is good because it is who I am, and you must remember, my children, it is who you are.

There is deceit in your world, the diabolical, the catastrophic, the deadly, the evil.  And then there is the heart and the angel and the mercy.  Some would call it the rapture; I might call it the song and dance of love.

What do we do with this blessing?  Where does it fit in our life?  An hour here, a short walk there, a thought or two before dinner…  Or do we live it as who truly we are?  There is no sense to life without it.  We become aimless, wandering.

I say to you, remember who you are.  Bodies are beautiful, wonderful even.  They teach and offer us much.  But it is the jewel beneath that refracts the life of God into what one might call living.
Shams of Tabriz

No comments:

Post a Comment