Monday, April 15, 2013

If I were to say to you, let go, what would that mean?

If I were to say to you, let go, what would that mean?  Let it all go; fall where it may.  Could you do that?

-Depends on what you’re talking about, Shams.

Does it really?  Do not you think that God knows where things are to fall perhaps a bit better than you do?  I mean, correct me if I’m wrong, but God created the earth, and you walk upon it.  Perhaps that is not fair, but you get the point.

What I’m saying here: the great depth, width, breadth of the inner mind, the heart mind knows what “we” do not.  “We,” being the small mind, the need to be someone, something, some definition of success or victim.

Everyone here, where I am with Rumi, beloved Jesus, the Masters, we all learned how to let go.  We all made a choice.  Attachment, as the great Buddha says, is the weight of the world.  Release is the abolition of resistance.  So where, my darlings, does your resistance lie?  Worry?  Fear?  Where?  We must recognize this resistance before we send it from whence it came, that way we have learned.

-Oh Shams, you are so obscure.  What are you saying?

I’m saying that there is no penalty in doing what you love and staying there.  We are not created as a swing unless we choose somebody’s ass to sit upon us, as many of us do.

Observe your limitations, beloveds.  When life seems too small, create it bigger.  When all would close in on you, rise up, become 10 feet tall.  There is nothing in this world that can scare you unless you choose to be scared.  There is too much goodness to do.
Shams

No comments:

Post a Comment