Sunday, November 18, 2012

What are angels?

What are angels?  When I laid my body down a pair of angels helped to lift me up until the awe of crossing was forgotten.  Angels are living lights of the almighty God.  Angels are the compassionate, kind, loving nature of God.  Angels evolve as we do.  They live not just in dreams or imagination but, as you might say, for real.
We might mistake a breath of warm wind on a cold day as a bit of luck, when truly it is the embrace of an angel.  Angels whisper constantly the song of inspiration, the symphony of courage and bravery, of indelible light blazing into the darkness. 
Why do I speak of my beloved friends, of angels?  You sing forth to God of something you seek with all of your heart and soul, and so God sends you in the name of love the angelic host.  I behold great and strong angels helping you to move through the stagnation of fear and judgment and distrust perpetuated by those who can see no further than the end of their need and greed.  Recognize them, children.  They work ceaselessly on your behalf.
Rumi

No comments:

Post a Comment