Thursday, December 13, 2012

When I died and the Master cometh upon me

When I died and the Master cometh upon me she said, “What do you want to do, Shams?”
“I want a hobby,” I said.
“That’s interesting, Shams.”
“Why?”
“Because life is a hobby.  The life that you just led, that humans lead is just a hobby.”
“What do you mean?”
“People enjoy camels, people enjoy horses.  People enjoy cooking, people enjoy hammering copper, people enjoy making jewelry.”
“Yes?”
“People enjoy reincarnating.”
“Really?”
“Why wouldn’t they?  Because they get to play.”
“But, Beloved Star, the people I saw, these people weren’t happy.”
“Well, unhappiness is a hobby.  Isn’t fear a hobby?  Isn’t anger a hobby?  Isn’t hate a hobby?  Everything on Earth is a hobby.”
“What was Rumi?”
“Rumi was the one object beside myself that you truly let yourself love.”

Shams of Tabriz

No comments:

Post a Comment