Sunday, October 14, 2012

You must not force your way into heaven

You must not force your way into heaven.  It is absurd to believe that by pushing you will gain deeper entrance, greater insight and freedom.  It is every moment, every thought, every choice to practice peace that opens wide the gates of heaven.

Do not struggle so.  Remember there is a river, and it is called life.  Some drown, some swim, very few walk upon, and fewer still become.  It is necessary to peel away the bark that one might achieve the heartwood.  In a very real sense we die from this process.  But we are born again and anew.  Few tasks at their inception are of ease.  But once one learns the parameters, the ins and outs, such a task becomes rote. 
Beloved, you are learning to let go of the glue that connects and imprisons you to the past.  Oh, we know it isn't easy.  If you cannot conquer what came before, how can you embrace that which will be?  It is all so intense, but it needs to be.  You would not relinquish your ties unless you were reminded that each must be cut and set free, and in so doing so are you. 
I delight in your commitment and I have a poem for you:

When I touch your face
A thousand stars, sands of heaven,
Befriend me.
And your breathing becomes the water of my tears.
Am I separate?

Between wanting is the God that is giving.
And I peer into your prayer,
My face the celestial sun,
And what remains longs for your embrace.
So small yet so needy.
And all I can do
Is taste the smile
On your lips,
So sweet.

Jelaluddin

No comments:

Post a Comment