Sunday, February 17, 2013

There are two worlds

There are two worlds.  There is the world of the ego small mind that forever attempts to convince us of its greatness, its infallibility, its heroism and strength.  And there is the world of the quiet mind of the heart.

Imprisoned by the small mind, I could not enter the heart mind and become the light of the sun.  Shams taught me, showed me, lead me into the sun.  Shams evoked within me the memory, the truth, and so did I shift my attention, my entire life, move the house of my world into my heart mind.

Oh Rumi, that is such a big thing to do!  How does one accomplish such a feat?

Find Shams.  Allow Shams to find you, your own Shams.  Allow yourselves the rite of passage.  Write your own ticket into the celestial sun.  On more than one occasion Shams said to me: Spin and let the world fly from your life.  Spin and become the center.  Spin and lose all but your true self.  Spin and meet me in the light. 

Well, precious ones, I toiled and I chose a different path, and that was the written word, as well you know.  You must seek that blessing unique that is your own personal dance of joy, and I speak of expressing God to the world.  In what do you become lost where the minutes, perhaps the hours are forgotten?  Where do we once again enter the womb and feel safe in the embrace of God within us and God without us?  It is such a uniquely personal experience, this concept called God.  There is a simple explanation for God, and it is so simple as the warmth upon your face.
Rumi

No comments:

Post a Comment